Midas MR18 channel digital wireless stagebox mixer
You could have one of these running your event!
The Midas MR18 is a compact digital mixer designed to reside on stage and is operated wirelessly using a PC or tablet. This unit has 16 mono mic inputs and a single pair of stereo jack inputs ideal for keyboards or an iPod. We use a TP-Link wireless router mounted in the trussing at events to give a good even coverage in the 5Ghz band – so it isn’t interrupted by smart phones on the 2.4Ghz band. This is particularly handy for events where space is at a premium, but it also means we’re also able to come up on stage and listen to the monitor mix – which means not having to have two desks at gala type festivals. This small mixer eliminates the need for outboard equipment with 5-band parametric EQ, compressors/gates on every channel, and four digital effects inserts. The MR18 can drive up to 6 monitors with 31 band EQ on each with a real time analysis allowing for adjustments to be made to reduce feedback. Impressively, a laptop can be directly connected to make live recordings via software such as Pro Tools.
- iPad/Android/Windows tablet and Windows PC controlled 18-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Built-In Tri-Mode Wifi router for direct operation—no need for external routers
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB interface for direct recording on iPad etc.
- Revolutionary Dugan*-style Auto-Mixing automatically manages microphone gain sharing
- Award-winning X32 effects rack featuring 4 stereo FX slots including high-end simulations such as Lexicon 480L* and PCM70*, EMT250* and Quantec QRS* etc.
- 100-band Real Time Analyzer (RTA) for all channel and bus EQ’s
- Ultranet connectivity for Behringer’s P-16 Personal Monitoring System*
- Rack ears and protection bumpers included for flexible rack and onstage applications
- 6 aux and main LR buses with inserts, full dynamics processing and 6-band parametric or 31-band graphic EQ
- 6 XLR aux outputs and 2 XLR main outputs plus phones connector
- 40-Bit floating-point DSP features “unlimited” dynamic range with no internal overload and near-zero overall latency
- Free iOS, Android and PC/Mac*/Linux* apps available for remote operation via Ethernet, LAN or WiFi
- MIDI In/Out allows controlling the mixer via MIDI equipment (incl. Mackie Control* protocol) or for use as a USB MIDI interface (future firmware)
- Future firmware updates, incl. new FX “Plug Ins”, downloadable from music-group.com free of charge
- Internal switch-mode power supply for noise-free audio and low power consumption